Video: ❶ 8 Signs Of Depression
“I am depressed,” complains a person who has lost interest in the past joys of life and has fallen into persistent pessimism and depressed mood. This condition can be caused by difficult life situations, prolonged physical and mental stress, stress. But a temporary, albeit painful psychological experience, an ordinary nervous disorder must be able to be distinguished from the prerequisites for a serious mental illness. Location: Location:
Depression as a disease has many faces. It can be long-term and short-term, explicit and latent, proceeding in a relatively mild (functional) form and severe neurotic, which often ends in suicide without treatment.
What should be on the alert in the "settings" of the body, what changes in health, psychological state should you pay attention to in order to recognize the onset of the disease in time? There are many signs of depression.
1. Persistent headaches are one of the symptoms of the disease. But this symptom is typical for other diseases as well: inflammation of the meninges, migraine, eye diseases, inflammation in the paranasal sinuses, etc. It is necessary to undergo the necessary medical examinations and find out all the possible causes of the headache, reliably determine its nature.
2. Depression also affects the health of the spine. Pain in the back causes great discomfort, similar to the manifestations of radiculitis and osteochondrosis. If before the depressive syndrome a person had a pathology associated with the peripheral nervous system, it will only get worse.
3. Depressive states affect the condition of muscles and joints. They also get sick. This is understandable, since the disease affects the somatic nervous system of the body, which controls the body and muscles, provides a connection between the body and the external environment.
4. Pain in the chest is also characteristic of depression. They also accompany many nervous, cardiovascular diseases. All diagnoses must be specified additionally.
5. Depression affects the state of the autonomic nervous system, which controls the internal organs, glands and provides metabolic processes in them. Therefore, the patient has digestive disorders: diarrhea (or, conversely, constipation), nausea appears.
6. Depression is accompanied by a feeling of enduring fatigue, which leads to physical and emotional exhaustion. This fatigue is not relieved by sleep or respite from work. Rest with depression becomes conditional - it does not bring joy and relief. The previous activity in communication is lost. There is a clear desire to remain alone and limit contacts.
7. Insomnia is the most debilitating companion of depression. Again, there are many reasons for it (from side effects when taking medications to thyroid diseases), but depression is one of the main reasons for sleep disorders. In total, doctors count more than 80 types of them. These are difficulties in falling asleep, short or shallow sleep, etc. Symptomatic "morning asthenia" - a feeling of weakness, lethargy and powerlessness after waking up. Sleep pills often do not help at all in normalizing sleep. This is an alarming signal.
8. With depression in patients, appetite changes. For some, it disappears, which provokes rapid weight loss. Others lose their sense of proportion in their food, eat outside of the regimen ("stress seize") and significantly gain weight.
If a set of these signs becomes a system, it is imperative to seek medical attention.